Sciortino revisited

Kilgour2@aol.com Kilgour2@aol.com
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 21:26:46 -0400 (EDT)

Dear list,
I didn't see mention of a tool that I use for making perfect coils on pins in
the piano.  It is made by Kai Okada of Chicago.  He has a host of interesting
tools for visually impaired technicians.  This tool has a cylinder that fits
over the pin.  A slot in the cylinder catches the wire where it goes into the
pin. And it is held still while another cylinder with a tuning pin on the top
is turned by your tuning hammer or a T-hammer.  It winds the wire into a
perfect coil with a sharp becket.  I am a woman who had never used any tool
but a screwdriver and a hammer (and those very seldom) for the first fifty
years of my life, and this tool gave me the confidence to replace broken
strings and do restringing that I would never have dared to do otherwise.  I
recommend it highly.

Martha Kilgour