Summary of Yellow Pages survey

wtscherer WallyTS@compuserve.com
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 04:42:17 -0400

Thanks for all of you who responded to my questions about advertising in
the Yellow Pages. There were about 25 responses - not a bad showing out of
about 400 on the list.

Here's a summary of the results:

1. Most have the perception that at least a simple listing in the Yellow
Pages is good.
   a. For some it really does bring in significant business.
   b. It keeps the name of your piano business available to the public.
   c. It gives more of a sense of legitimacy to your business.
   d. It helps reinforce other forms of advertising.
   e. It helps existing customers remember your name.
   f. It can reinforce the PTG connection.
   g. It can help promote your specialty.

2. Some don't bother with Yellow Pages ads.
   a. They have all the business they need anyway.
   b. Past results have not been cost effective.

3. What is the biggest factor in a successful Yellow Pages ad?
   a. Being near the top of the list!!!

4. What other things help your Yellow Pages ad be successful?
   a. Good telephone manners.
   b. Promote your Yellow Pages ad in your other advertising.
   c. Advertise only in the directories for the areas you will really serve
well.

By the way; I missed the deadline for this year. It was last Friday. :(

Wally