hexagonal soundboard?????

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 29 Apr 1997 23:17:01 -0500 (CDT)

>The key words are solid "spruce" soundboard.  No other
>woods...Ah...marketing!
>
>ilvey, RPT
>Pacifica, CA

Dear David, List,

I understand by your definition that as long as only spruce is used,
whether laminated or not, this would constitute the legitimate title "solid
spruce" soundboard.  Appears to be satisfactory to me.

So we can have a laminated solid spruce soundboard and a (what do we call
the other?) solid spruce soundboard, that is not laminated?  Is there a
title for gluing the boards side by side versus layered?

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician