Elementary String Leveling Questions

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 01 Aug 1997 23:47:41 -0700

arnold1@mindspring.com wrote:

> Finally, why are some strings unlevel in the first place?
>  Is it a sign that the
> agraffe, or some other bearing point is slightly defective and we are
> compensating for it?
> .-

There is something on my desk that refers to this (I'll unearth it
someday). The author said that if your stringing technique is
consistant, that is you are conscious about the relationship between the
natural coil of the strings and how you are laying it around hitch pins,
how you are winding the tuning pins and there are no inadvertant twists,
then you will have very little need to do string leveling, given that
the capo bar and agraffes are in good shape.
--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA