Elementary String Leveling Questions

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 00:12:46 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/2/97, paul mccloud <smccloud@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
<<(Claire Davies) also had another hook made which was intended to be used
where there  are no agraffes, ie. the capo bar.  This hook had a longer
wire on it  to reach down to the string.  Instead of a freehand pull
upwards, it  uses mechanical advantage to pull up the string.>>

Im delighted with Mr. Davies ingenious side-stepping of the direct
freehand pull, and cant wait to make use of it. Using the aggraphe/capo as
a fulcrum would almost seem to give more control over the bend. I haven't
written him yet for a handout, but I assume that the hook for the capo
section can adjust to varying heights between the string plane and the top
of the capo.