Thanks-(was Pitch Raise Delima)

barre41 barre46@ibm.net
Tue, 05 Aug 1997 23:10:57 -0500

LTpianoman@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks to Ralph Martin, Avery Todd, John Fortiner & Norm Barrett I had good
> luck with raising the pitch on an old Hobart M. Cable upright that was 113
> cents flat and not tuned in years. I only broke 2 bass strings <snip>

You are very welcome for any help I may have been. Yes, Sometimes
strings break in spite of how careful you are. If you don't know how,
perhaps the next thing to learn is how to tie a string. I always tie a
string if it can be tied rather than replace it because a new string
will stretch like crazy. A tied string will stretch somewhat but not
nearly as much. Everyone may not agree with this but does a tied string
really matter on a neglected Hobart M. Cable? Just food for thought.

Norman Barrett
Memphis, TN