hearing protection

Delwin D Fandrich pianobuilders@olynet1.olynet.com
Wed, 06 Aug 1997 20:57:26 -0700

Zen Reinhardt wrote:

> Hearing protection -- Don't Leave Home Without Some.
>
> I am one of the many with Westone "Musicians' Plugs" and have found that I
> can hear greater detail of overall tone of a string than I can without
> hearing protection.  Hearing protection is for the ears what sunglasses are
> for the eyes on a bright day.
>
> Next question.  Do you use your hearing protection while travelling or in
> other common, noisy environments? In other words, do you keep your earplugs
> handy to use within a moment's notice should the need arise, or do you use
> them only for tuning and/or shopwork?
>
> ZR!  RPT
> Ann Arbor  MI
> diskladame@provide.net

Now I do. After my hearing has been permanantly damaged by not paying
enough attention to it.

I certainly hope those reading these posts will learn sooner than I did
about the importance of ear protection. It doesn't matter what the
source of the noise is--an overly harsh piano, a table saw, a router, or
an airplane. Hearing damage is cumulative. Then one day it's too late.

ddf