Sound board dilemma

Delwin D Fandrich pianobuilders@olynet1.olynet.com
Wed, 06 Aug 1997 23:42:25 -0700

Richard Moody wrote:

> ----------
> From: Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet1.olynet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Sound board dilemma
> Date: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 12:40 PM
>
> Within the past couple of years both Glen Hart and I have written
> extensively about the deterioration of piano soundboards over time.
>
> ddf
>
> Where were these published? Or can I order reprints from  you?
>
> Richard Moody

Richard,

Glen Hart wrote a series of four articles titled The Effects of
Downbearing on the Tone of the Piano starting in August, 1995 and
running through November, 1995 that addresses this issue.

My articles have appeared intermittently under the heading “The
Designers Notebook.”

All were published in the Piano Technicians Journal within the past
couple of years. Photocopies of most articles are available from the
Guild home office.

Furnish me with your mailing address and I’ll send you printouts of the
articles I’ve written on the subject—at least those I can still find in
my computer—as well as a copy of our current newsletter.

ddf