case parts wanted

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 06:57:30 -0500

----------
> From: Benjamin Treuhaft <blt@igc.org>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: case parts wanted
> Date: Thursday, August 07, 1997 11:46 PM
>
> hello
>      just popping in to see if anyone can sell me a set of Steinway
> grand legs any color, or a lyre (and/or pedal hardware) or a music
> desk.  The stuff costs over $1,000 new from Steinway unfinished.
> Benjamin Treuhaft
> Underwater Piano Shop
> 2005 Stuart St.
> Berkeley, Calif. 94703
> (510) 843-3823  blt@igc.org
Dear Ben,
Yes these prices seem high until you go out and buy the type and quality of
wood you need and then craft in into the configuration needed.  I build
piano benches out of solid hardwoords and well know the cost of good
material and then hearing from clients, "oh your price is so high?  Ever
try to build a music des as good as Steinway? Good luck.
If it is a Steinway it deserves it.
James Grebe
RPT from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com