YAMAHA DISKCLAVIER MODUL

Zen Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 12:16:56 -0400

Converting a U1 into a Disklavier?

My understanding is that Yamaha does not have a retrofit kit available for
doing this kind of work.  (I'm sure you'll be hearing from the guys at
Yamaha about this very soon.)  There are other retrofit kits available for
converting traditional (acoustic) pianos into disk-driven player pianos.
You might want to check out PianoDisc and Pianomation.  Otherwise, you
might want to check into the possibility of trading your U1 for an MX100
(Disklavier in U1).  Or, you can do what a friend of mine just did -- he
bought an MX100 without trading in his old piano.  Good luck --

ZR!  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net