heavy action..

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:55:51 +0000

> Date:          Sun, 10 Aug 1997 10:12:19 -0400 (EDT)
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> From:          Phil Bondi <tito@peganet.com>
> Subject:       heavy action..

Downweight=?
Upweight=?

Downweight-upweight divided by two gives you friction.

You probably don't have frictional problems but the good old
weight problem.  If you have a heavy downweight (60+ grams) and
plenty of upweight (30+ grams) you can safely remove weight from
the hammer.  1 gram of hammer weight=5 grams less grams at key
including upweight.  Question...is the upweight at a 5 to 1
ratio?

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> ..Dear List:
>
> ..i have in my posession a DH Baldwin action..customer is correct when she
> says the action is *heavy*..bass section feels like there's concrete on the
> back of the keys..tenor and treble section feels fine..i backed the jack off
> of A0 till it missed and then reset it..still feels heavy..
>
> ..suggestions warmly welcomed..

ilvey
Pacifica, CA
ilvey@a.crl.com