heavy action..

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 20:14:22 +0000

> Date:          Sun, 10 Aug 1997 15:24:11 -0500
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> From:          skroeker@MTS.NET (Stan Kroeker)
> Subject:       Re: heavy action..

Hi Stan,

Greatest respect accepted...

This comes from  my experience with Korean pianos.   Heavy
hammers!  What happen to the beginning of my post?  Downweight -
upweight divided by 2 will give you the friction.  That is
the first thing to check just as I posted.  He will have his
general friction ratio (as you say 12 to 15 grams is OK).   At
that point he will have a good idea if it is friction or weight
problem or both.  The focus of my post was simply "I bet it is a
weight problem" nothing more!   By the way I am no more
clairvoyant than you or anyone who posts to this list.

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA