Polyester Repair

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:59:49 -0600

At 12:15 AM 8/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>You wrote:
>>
>>To List from Sy Zabrocki
>>
>>Who out there has had experience in polyester repair?

from Paul:
>Sy:
>    I do a lot of polyester repairs.  Here's what I know about it.  The
>mixture of polyester and hardener for proper cure varies with the
>temperature (air and polyester) and humidity.  The cooler the mix, the
>longer it takes to cure. (snip)
>    While on the subject, PROPER MIXING TECHNIQUE is the key to getting
>rid of "bubble syndrome".
Very good post, Paul, I hated to delete so much of it for this reply, but I
have just one thing on mixing technique to add: I learned years ago with
other catalyst-type materials to MIX TWICE. In other words, I mix (just
like you said, in the cup), and then transfer the material to a fresh cup.
I think it prevents having any residual un-mixed stuff in your pour.
	I also prefer the Koenig.

Guy
Guy Nichols, RPT
nicho@lascruces.com
	"Irreversibility is the mechanism that brings order from chaos"
						Prigogine