Soundboards

robert sadowski rls@ncinter.net
Sat, 16 Aug 1997 07:59:29 -0400

Dear List,
      An interesting side note to my original question.  I tune for a local
college which has a Steinway concert side by side with a Boesendorfer on
stage which are used often for various functions. Interestingly enough, the
Boesendorfer  is much brighter and projects more than the Steinway.
Typically the jazz groups pick the B. over the S&S, while the classical
players prefer the S&S.  We can't forget the effects of voicing and
regulation on the overall equation. The Steinway is around 15 years older
than the B.
     I'm a newcomer to the list and it's a joy to have access to the best
minds in our industry.

Many thanks,
BobSadowski RPT
Erie,PA.