Zwicki, was Re: billing

Sat, 16 Aug 1997 14:16:01 -0700

Mike,

At 04:24 PM 8/16/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Just yesterday, I encountered my first Louis Zwicki spinet (drop-action,
>Renner parts, Schwander butts; scale from C1 to C8). etc.

Zwickis were imported (in LA, at least) for some years by Sherman, Clay &
etc.  It may be blasphemous, but I always liked them - just don't expect
them to be what they aren't, which are real pianos.

Nice, even sound.  Fairly even and regulatable (for an upright) action.
Danish modern cases in either teak, walnut or rosewood.  Some models even
had a keybed/frame/fallboard setup that folded flat against the case.
Obviously designed for quite small areas.

Much easier to tune than some Kimballs, Wurlitzers (and others) I've seen...

Ah, well...the evening mists of remembrance...

Best to all.

Horace

Horace Greeley

Stanford University