action bracket solution

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 14:45:10 -0500

Cindy,

   Just as a precaution, take some measurements of action spread, height,
etc. The replacement brackets I recently used on a Marshall & Wendall grand
were not *exactly* the same as the originals. At least you'll know where
you're coming *from*.
   I had a few problems and got some very good advice from the list about
how to handle them. If you run into problems, let me know and I'll e-mail
you a compilation of the posts I received. Good luck.

Avery

>THANK YOU to all who offered their input to my broken action bracket problem.
>
>I have now become intimately acquainted with pot metal and, although I
>appreciate all of the input from everyone, I do not believe that a repair
>would hold up--just what I feared from the start.  APSCo does, however, stock
>the part I need and it is (hopefully!) on its way to me.
>
>Cindy Crombach, RPT
>Rochester, NY

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music