Room Dehumidifiers

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 17 Aug 1997 20:27:31 -0700

I just mentioned to a customer, with measured RH of 72%, that a room
dehumidifier might be a useful alternative to Dampp Chasers for her two
grands, 7' and 9'. Since I'm mostly ignorant of dehumidifiers as well as
current Dampp Chaser systems, I said that I'd put the question to the
list.

My concerns: although it would be easy to bring home a dehumidifier,
plug it in, no technician required, there would be a certain amount of
noise and a tray would have to be emptied(?); DC systems would be more
expensive, full system would require water tank to be filled (maybe get
both, empty dehumidifier tray into DC humidifier tank?).

--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA