PSOs

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 18:54:46 -0500

I know we kicked this around a few months ago.  I know any dealer has a
"right" to sell as bad merchandise as they please.  It just buggs me
tho.

Today I tried to tune a 5'7" McPhail (McFAIL?) grand that had been
refinished (poorly) the plate was sprayed over the strings.  One key
button had been replaced, and it was sold as "refurbished."  This was a
customer that could have afforded better had she been educated about
pianos.  Now daughter is taking lessons, and I'm sure will loose
interest prematurely because she has to practice on such a POS.

I know, I know.  It's legal.  It's just irritating when he skins her and
I get the job of telling her why it will never sound good.

dave
--

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts