hearing protection

Marcel Carey mcpiano@multi-medias.ca
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:17:18 -0400

>To: pianotech@ptg.org
>From: Marcel Carey <mcpiano@multi-medias.ca>
>Subject: hearing protection
>
>Jst yesterday I got my ER-15 db custom made protectors. they cost me
$175.00 Canadian. I used to use the soft foam protectors that I cutted in
half lenghtwise. I just want to thank the list to have turned me on these
wonderful tuning aids. I just did 3 pianos in a row in practice studios with
these on and they felt just great. Compare to the foam ones, I found them
much more easier to tume with. It seems that they are more precise. They
don't cut as much high frequencies as the foam so the harmonics are easier
to listen to.