Sojin Grand Leg Bolts

Carol Beigel carolb@earthlink.net
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 15:22:45 -0700 (PDT)

List:  I have a customer who was given a Sojin DG-1 baby grand - in pieces!
The hardware to secure the lyre and the legs  is missing.  I contacted the
local dealer and got 2 "sample" bolts.  The 2 lyre bolts are a little longer
than the leg bolts.

The problem is that these bolts are non standard.  They are not metric, as
presupposed!    Actually they are 1/2" bolts with  12 thread; the standard
for a 1/2" bolt is a 13 thread.  In metric sizes, neither a 12 or 14 mm bolt
fits, and neither does a 175 or 2 thread fit!

I suppose I could purchase a drill bit and tap to install standard 9/16
bolts with a 12 thread.  How difficult is resizing the hardware these bolts
go into?  Anybody have any extras?  Would a motorcycle or Hyundai dealer be
helpful? as these originals are Korean manufacture by Daewoo?

Carol Beigel, RPT
Greenbelt, MD