My weak Chickering

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:16:57 -0500

Oops, silly me, I meant to say
 "Your damper pedal needs adjusting ; )"
  Anyhow upon reflection, perhaps the "clipped" notes are the fault
of the digital encoding or what ever the process is called converting
microphone signals to digital data. On other notes there was great
legato. I also meant to say, the tone sounded good.

rm

"Damper pedal, hmm...

It is a 6' 5" Chickering with all original parts in the action except
the
hammers.  The hammers appear to be Standard or Rosen from about
thirty years
ago.  ......
	The string scale is not original it was designed by Sanderson. He
also made
the bass strings."

----------
> From: Richard Moody  <remoody@easnetsd.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: My weak Chickering
> Date: Sunday, August 24, 1997 3:24 AM
>
> Your damper pedal needs adjusting.  Otherwise sounds good to me.
> piano wise, some of the notes sounded "clipped"  like cut off,,
> short,,? Well maybe it was in the legato.. I assume this is a
grand,
> what size?
>
> Richard Moody.

> > From: Michael J. Wathen <Michael.Wathen@uc.edu>
> > To: pianotech@ptg.org
> > Subject: My weak Chickering
> > Date: Friday, August 22, 1997 4:48 PM
> >
> > I left a wave file fo my hundred year old Chickering with its
> original
> > board.  I am playing so don't be critical.  What do you think?
> >
> > http://ucccm56.ccm.uc.edu/sound