Yamaha GH1B reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 21:09:49 -0500

----------
> From: William J Schlipf <wjstuner@juno.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Yamaha GH1B
> Date: Tuesday, August 26, 1997 6:10 PM
>
> Dear List:   Am having difficulties with a new GH1B in the low tenor.  B3
> (2 B's below middle C) has the least desireable sound ever heard.  It's
> not out-of-tune,  strings are level,  hammer is striking squarely, no
> kink in the wire,  not beating false.  What am I forgetting?  Tone is
> thin and harsh.   Any suggestions would be be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance!!   Bill    WJSTuner@juno.com
Dear Bill,
If I were you and this was a Yamaha under warranty I would order a new
string (s?) for this note and see what happens.  GH-1's are not the
greatest example of Yamahas expertise at building fine pianos.  I have
found they are most ancious to make the tech and client satisfied as well
as maybe giving you good advice on the phone.  I have found that no one is
any better at doing this.
James Grebe
RPT from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com