Yamaha GH1B

David M. Porritt dporritt@post.cis.smu.edu
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 05:13:12 -0500

It's the scale.  Replacing those tenor steel strings with wrapped ones
is the only real fix.  IMHO if you voice out all the bad sound, you will
have voiced out all the sound.  (Maybe you could tell the customer to
just hum that note.)

dave

William J Schlipf wrote:

> Dear List:   Am having difficulties with a new GH1B in the low tenor.  B3
> (2 B's below middle C) has the least desireable sound ever heard.  It's
> not out-of-tune,  strings are level,  hammer is striking squarely, no
> kink in the wire,  not beating false.  What am I forgetting?  Tone is
> thin and harsh.   Any suggestions would be be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance!!   Bill    WJSTuner@juno.com

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University