Tuning Prices Subject

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:22:43 +0000

> From:          A440A@aol.com
> Date:          Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:30:48 -0400 (EDT)
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       Re: Tuning Prices Subject

Ed & List,

The "scan all the A's" tip is so important.  I always check
those A's because I generally float my A440 as much 3 to 4
cents, sometimes more in the right situation.  What I don't want
to do is bring up my bass when it is A440 and the tenor has gone
sharp.  I will often compromise the bass up a bit and the tenor
down the most in this hypothetical situation.  By checking the
A's you get quick info on the pitch of the overall piano.  What
I try to do is change the overall pitch as little as possible.
Of course if the piano is way off and a big pitch change is in
order, A440 is the target!

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

  It does help to scan all the A's to make sure that you