Yamaha GH1B

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 14:23:56 -0500 (CDT)

>JR450@aol.com posted:

>I have had similar experience with this note on several Yamaha GH1's. This
>note, if I'm not mistaken, is the last note before the bass break. The note
>has poor tone and even when it is in tune, it sounds wrong. I think it is a
>problem resulting from a poor scale design.

I just did a warranty tuning just last week on this model, and found the
last note before the bass break (B?) was definitely not in sync like you
have described.  As it turned out, string leveling, hammer fitting, and
voicing the Yamaha way brought that note back in focus with the rest of the
scale like magic.  Those activities can do wonders!

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731