tuning

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 22:43:28 -0500

I use a several modified scheme from the original I was taught.  I can
tune from either A or C fork but prefer a C.  If I tune from an A then I
find myself going back over what I tuned from the C perspective.

I like to tune without the SAT when I have the time, inclination, energy
and love of the challange to improve on a SAT tuning.

>From A I tune the two octaves A2 to A4 and fill in the M3.  From A3 I
tune all the P4 and P5s I can then from the F3 I tune C4 then down to
G#3 and check the G#3 C4 and A3 C#4 thirds.  If all is well I go to G3
to C$, check with G3 D4 and F3 D4 and G3 E4.

Tune B3 to E4 and G3.  At this point I am committed and tune the
remaining F#3, A#3 and D#4 to complete the main temperament.  I then
complete the contiguous M3 to finish up the 2 octaves, making minor
adjustments on previous work to make all fit nicely.

This is not a complete explaination, I have left out all the checks and
cross references for brevity.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com