Piano benches reply +

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 1 Dec 1997 06:53:43 -0600

Hi Jeannie and David,
I will set up a project to give instructions on how I build my benches.  I
will do it in parts as I build out of solid wood or veneered hardwood
plywood and use blind floating tenon joints or metal corner brackets.  Also
it makes a difference in solid wood you can then use a router to make
beveled edges on the lid but you have to join solid wood to create the
bench top width so you need more tools.  I will go through both ways.  The
prices I have been charging is around $150 for an unfinished bench,(not
enough when my time is considered but I do this for fun).  Finished I add
about $75.  I will try to start this instruction tonight
	 I will post these directions to the list in general unless I get replies
that I should not because of the space it will take up.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Only my best is good enough"

----------
> From: Jeannie Grassi <jgrassi@silverlink.net>
> To: Pianotech <pianotech-digest@ptg.org>
> Subject: Piano benches reply
> Date: Monday, December 01, 1997 12:05 AM
>
> >>Another approach for you if you do any woodworking at all,  the tools
you
> need are not that many.  I could guide you through the way I do it and
you
> may find , like me, it is really enjoyable process.  <<
>
> Hi James,
>     I, too would love to have your price list and if you have any plans
or
> can explain your process to me that would be great.  I enjoy furniture
> making and I know I could handle the task, I just don't have the time.
I'd