neck pain and Wanderand

david severance severanc@mail.wsu.edu
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 09:29:41 -0800 (PST)

At 06:35 PM 12/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, Isaac,
>
>I have a Wonderwand tuning lever.  My problem with it is that I can feel
>the shaft flex which drives me nuts.  I spoke to Charlie Heuther about
>having the shaft case hardened.  His response was it did not need it.
>
>Oh, well.
>
>This tool CAN change your hand position and therefore the entire body
>approach to tuning.
>
>	Newton
>	nhunt@jagat.com
>
>Newton,

        Lloyd Meyer of Renner USA sells very beautiful and very expensive
custom made ball end tuning levers that have slightly larger diameter
stainless steel shafts.  His # is 203-221-7500. Scott Colwes manufactures a
ball end lever that uses the same size shaft that's on the Wonderwand,
however, the handle extends further down the shaft which, I believe,
contributes somewhat to the rigidity of the lever.  They are very nice and
reasonably priced.  His # is 208-667-3393.

Dave Severance
Piano Technician
Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164