polyester finish repair tips

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Mon, 08 Dec 1997 11:23:06 -0700

At 11:48 AM 12/7/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Rick:
>	I have been doing polyester repair for a number of years, and I'd be
>glad to answer any questions you may have.
>  Let me know what you have purchased
>(Konig, Allied Industries, Surf shop, ?) and I'll tell you how to
>proceed.  If you like, you can e-mail me privately.

Paul,
	Sorry, no tips on clear stuff, except that I use analine dye. It can be a
little tough if it travels in the hairline cracks, but CA before hand will
stop that noise. The dye job will be more color stable, and you can really
tell what color it's gonna be when it's wet. Looks alot better than
"painting grain", although you can use it the same way, by scoring grain
lines with a razor, and letting the dye do the work. A light pass with
methanol afterwards removes the surface darkness, and leaves the grain.
	Can you tell us more about the above-mentioned Allied and Surf suppliers?
All I've used is Koenig. Are the others cheaper, etc?

Thanks,
Guy