American Supply hammers (complaint-question-long and sort of off-topic :-{

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 18:39:12 -0800 (PST)

At 07:49 PM 12/8/97 -0600, Greg Torres wrote:
>Dear list:
>
>Has any body elses on this list had problems on a fairly regular basis when
>it comes to getting stuff (particularly hammers)from American Supply?

Dear Greg,

Too bad. I don't put on all that many sets of hammers, but I never yet have
gotten what I consider a _good_ job when it comes to preboring, with or
without samples, from anyone. Some were worse than others, and some were
much worse than others.

I finally gave up and started doing it myself. I can put up with my own
inexactitude a lot easier than with someone else's, and I have the
motivation to do it the way I want. Also, I can bore one or two and try them
on the action, and see if they are right before I do the rest, which a
supplier can't.

Anyone else, have you had _GOOD, EXACT_ results from any supplier's
preboring to samples? Maybe I just haven't ordered them the right place.

Sincerely,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"With a little more courage, I could get myself into a lot more trouble."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant