Impact tuning hammer

RIrvingbas RIrvingbas@aol.com
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 21:47:39 EST

Hello Rogerio,
I have used an impact tuning lever for a few years now, and I like it a lot!
On many vertical pianos, particularly those with tight tuning pins, it works
very well.  It is also great for pitch raises.  I have found that it takes a
bit of getting used to, but the trick is to let the weight of the hammer do
the work, using your wrist to give it a quick flip.  I do carry a regular
extension lever also.  The impact lever doesn't work well on grands, because
of the angle.  Does anybody else on-list have ideas?
Ray Irving