Yamaha wire sizes

PIANOSSSSS PIANOSSSSS@aol.com
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 08:04:39 EST

I just helped another tech  replace an entire set of bass strings on a Yamaha
P202.  I neer tuned the piano but my friend Jim said that when he first tuned
the piano it was very flat.  He told me exactly but I don't remember.  I'ts a
long story but when he got to the bass strings he could not even get them to
pitch before they broke.

When he called Yamaha, they said that they had some problems with the P202 and
even though the piano was more than 10 years old they sent us a complete set
of strings which were the wrong strings.

Jim called Yamaha and when he told them that they sent us the wrong strings,
Yamaha had us go to Schaff Piano Supply in Lake Zurich (only a few miles away)
and they would order the strings and had them there for pickup.

For what it's worth

John LaBorn RPT