Concerning soundboard compression ridges (resend)

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 20:36:54 -0600 (CST)

>...Either, in this case S&S is mistaken or Jon and Del are mistaken.

Not really.  They both can be correct in their  explanation of soundboard
compression ridges.  Stranger things have happened.  Ever hear the elephant
story?

>Since
>they both apparantly disagree with Steinways explanation regarding the SB
>ridges. If Steinway  is proven wrong then they will, in effect, have
>defamed themselves.

Absurd.  If such a thing *were* to occur, a new position would be taken
because of more recently discovered factual information presented.

>If Jon and Del (and now, myself) are proven wrong we
>will cheerfully apologize.......wil S&S???\...

I perceive that even you Ralph, in this statement are suggesting, or at
least subtly hinting Steinway might act in an unprofessional way by not
owning up if supposedly found to be in error concerning this subject, while
at the same time, stating complete assurance on Jon and Del's behalf to be
professional and forthright in willingness to own up.  How do you manage to
do that?

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician