new one

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 20:51:16 EST

<<"Do you think I gave the right advice?">>
 As for the bug problem, Yeah IMO you gave exactly the right advice.  Here in
Florida we a blessed with a creature called the "powder post" beetle.  They
make a  very small entry hole and devour the wood from the inside, eating
mostly the softer portions and leaving the grain lines except for moving from
one soft layer to another.  The piece of wood looks just fine until you try to
put a little pressure on it then...poof a lot of powder !  I suppose that is
where it got its name from.  Reminds me of the time I was tapping around on a
sounding board trying to find a problem and my knuckles went 'through' the
board...try explaining that to your customer.  :-)
 Anyway your varmits sound like a variant of that genus and calling an
exterminator is the only thing to do.