new one/powder post beetles

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 15:27:30 -0700

At 01:55 PM 12/19/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Especially if what they are chewing are the powder post beetles.
>
>Susan Kline

James, Susan, list,

	All seriousness aside, we had a fight with a variety of powder post beetle
a few years ago. Although I think Mr. Grebe's client owns a basket case,
you may want to know that the entomology dept. here at NMSU proclaimed them
"bulletproof" to almost everything except a nasty pesticide called
"lindane"(not sure of spelling).
	We had received them with a truckload of walnut from somewhere around
Alabama (where it had been cured), and they came close to causing real real
real bad problems in our shop. We tried all kinds of less toxic stuff.... I
think the one that boggled me most was the plank we put into our vacuum
press. No air in there for about five days. They loved it!
	James, tell your customer that he may need to be burned along with all his
worldly possessions.

guy
Guy Nichols

"All the water in the world can't sink a ship.......unless it gets on the
inside."

							Ed Foreman