WARNING - more humor - off topic!

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 10:04:27 -0600 (CST)

List,

   Since some are doing this, I thought I'd add my bit for anyone who
might get in a baking mood in the next few days. Sorry. :-)  Originally
received from Barbara Richmond. Make SURE to read the directions
carefully!

Avery

P.S. I'm leaving town Tuesday for a few days so Merry Christmas to
everyone and I hope you all have a great holiday season.

Holiday Greetings!

Subject: Holiday Fruit Cake Recipe

For a little Holiday cheer, try this World Famous Fruitcake Recipe.

 *Ingredients:*

 one cup water
 one cup sugar
 four large eggs
 two cups of dried fruit
 one teaspoon baking soda
 one teaspoon salt
 one cup brown sugar
 lemon juice
 nuts
 one bottle whiskey

 Sample the whiskey to check for quality.  Take a large bowl.  Check
 the whiskey again.  To be sure the whiskey is the highest quality,
 pour one level cup and drink straight down.  Repeat.  Turn on the
 electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.  Add one
 teaspoon of sugar and beat again.

 Make sure the whiskey has not gone bad.  Cry another tup.  Turn off
 the mixer.  Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of
 dried fruit.  Mix on the turner.  If the fried druit gets stuck in the
 beaterers, pry it loose with a screwdriver.

 Sample the whiskey for toxisicity.  Next, sift two cups of salt.  Or
 something.  Who cares?  Check the whiskey.  Now sift the lemon juice
 and strain your nuts.  Add one table.  Spoon.  Of sugar or something.
 Whatever you can find.

 Grease the oven.  Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees.  Don't forget to
 beat off the turner. Throw the bowl out of the window, check the
 whiskey one last time and go to bed.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston