The Metalic Buzz

Terry Beckingham Terry_Beckingham@mbnet.mb.ca
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 20:39:00 -0600 (CST)

Hi again all,

Thanks to everyone who gave me assistance in locating the dreaded metalic
buzz. I seem to have cured the problem. I am almost tempted to put it out as
a quiz, but I won't.

Part of the solution came from Mike Jorgensen and from another tech who I
talked to on the phone. The problem was the strings all right. Mike, the
strings didn't require an additional twist. They required NO twist. I had
put the bass strings on with one full twist. The tech with whom I talked on
the phone suggested that some strings require only a half twist, and some
required none at all. I went for none at all. What the heck. I had a 50
percent chance of being right.

I am much relieved. My next step would have been to disassemble the piano
and remove the plate again, a job to which I was not looking forward.

Thanks again to everyone. Happy Holidays.

Terry