Highest pitch correction

Travis Gordy tgordy@horizon.hit.net
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 21:05:55 -0600

Don, good for you.  I too always raise to A440 in one tuning, unless there
is so much rust that string breakage might be a problem, then i discuss it
with the customer and if A440 is prefered, lubricate where the strings
conrtact the pressure bar or upper bridge and proceed.  If more than one
string breaks I back off to a half step flat as agreed before hand.  Seldom
have that problem.  Been doing it that way for over 30 years, and since I
know it presents no problems for 90+% of the customers it would be unfair
for me to charge for more tunings. I do charge half again my regular fee
for major pitch raises.  The only time I tune twice is if  the piano is to
be used for a concert, like sometimes a church piano that has been
neglected.  If I can I will tune the day before the concert then again on
concert day. Just depends.

Travis Gordy, RPT