Metric

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 08:06:10 -0600 (CST)

List,

   Thanks to all those who responded to my question. Once again I didn't
make myself quite clear. I had in mind converting a micrometer measurement
of, say, .063 to mm. I believe Howard & Al Jeschke gave me what I need.
   If I'm correct, the above measurement would convert to 1.600 mm. Correct?
(FYI, I'm checking some bass string core wire measurements.) Thanks again.

Avery

>I believe you must multiply by 25.4
>
>Example: .24 (decimal) X 25.4 = 6.096 (millimeters)
>
>Howard S. Rosen, RPT

>> List,
>>
>>    Can someone give me the "formula" for converting American measurements
>> to metric? I have the info somewhere, but I can't find it right now.
>> Thanks.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston