Tuners--Broken Pins

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Sat, 04 Jan 1997 20:01:21 -0600

I've never found a broken tuning pin nor has an agraffe broken during a
tuning, but it is always fun to come upon a grand where the strings of
one unison are higher than the rest.  This tends to pique your
interest.  What! How can that be????  It is the mark of a broken
agraffe, probably at the stem.  Then the fun begins...
----Joel Rappaport
Round Rock, Texas