Refinishing Vintage Steinways

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 15:57:47 -0700

At 08:16 AM 1/9/97 -0500, Waco wrote:

>people who do museum quality shellac work.  If I actually get any good
detail on
>the process, I'll put it on the list.  It seems that a lot of people would
like
>to know how to do a shellac piano finish, but not many have much specific
>information, and fewer still have actually done it.

Those of us who take a break in the afternoon (right about now) might be
familiar with "The Furniture Guys", Joe and Ed from the "Furniture on the
Go" TV show. Joe (l'Arario) uses shellac quite a bit. Most of us who watch
it now know what a "spit coat" is and what to use to rub-out grain filler
(wood shavings)... as well as an amazing amount of irrelevant trivia about
old movies and comedy.

We could always write him at:  furnguyjoe@aol.com and see if he's like to
contribute a discussion of his techniques to the list...  B-})

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com