Monochord (Made in occupied Japan)

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:38:59 -0700 (MST)

Dear David:

Quite a few pianos were made like this after the war.  They improved
it a little and used 2 strings thoughout the treble later.  Yamaha made
pianos like this early on. So did Kawai and Atlas.  Does it have
wooden action brackets and thin hammers and dampers?  Does it have a
music delk which folds down it fron from behind the top front panel?  I
used to sell pianos like this in the 60's for 395.00.
Present market value would be around 150 - 200.00.

The scale wan't too bad.  They didn't put out a big sound.  I presently
service 2 of the later models in an SDA church. Watch for loose tuning
pins.

Jim Coleman, Sr.