tape on keytops

Larry Gardner larryg@csufresno.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 22:16:38 -0800

Dear list,

I just had a customer a couple of weeks ago who bought a piano from the
Boys Club.  Someone had put tape on the keys and written letter names in
what would seem to be permanent marker.

It seems to me that this problem crops up every once in a while, where
someone puts masking tape or scotch tape on the keys of the piano so
they can write the names of the notes for a beginner.

What is the best product to remove the sticky gummy mess that is left?

Thanks!

Larry Gardner RPT
Fresno CA

PS I did a search and could not find anything about this in the
archives.