Fossil Identification

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 07:41:59 +0000

Greetings List,

	With all this discussion of stone-related piano construction
techniques, I hope some of the enlightened members of the list can
help me with some identification of another type of geological piano
part, namely the substance used by the Baldwin Co. in their wonderful
petrified butt leathers. I've put together a tech. column on removal
& replacement for my newsletter, and I would like to find out just
what the @#$% those things were made of so I can sound knowledgeable
on the subject. All of the Baldwin Tech Service folk are returning
from NAMM and are unavailable until next week, so I throw the
question open to everyone.

Humourous responses encouraged, any responses welcome,

Regards,
Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.
C.A.P.T. Student