Fossil Identification

RPSPIANO@aol.com RPSPIANO@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 11:52:48 -0500

<<
 I've replaced dozens of sets of these fossilized butt leathers.  I've heard
 the old material referred to as "corfam" or  "escaine" <snip>

escaine was not the product - it is a more dense felt type material.
It does not have the durability of buckskin or leather but I have
not seen it ' fossilize' .  The only color I have seen it in is brownish,
I have used it for catcher replacement on a few uprights

Mark Ritchie RPT
Cols. OH