Different agraffes

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 23:45:54 -0600 (CST)

Dear List,

I tuned an Augustus Baus Upright, #7868, 1890-95 yesterday.  It had an item
that really caught my attention.  88 agraffes each individually shaped like
a minature tuning fork, or U-shaped with a stem.  Each side of the U had
holes like the contemporary agraffe, except the string side holes were
higher than the tuning pin side holes, thereby causing the string to
deflect downward from the string side to the tuning pin side *inside* the U
agraffe.  Interesting sight!

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net