The darn plastic elbows

hbj@cableinet.co.uk hbj@cableinet.co.uk
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 16:00:07 +0000

A number of years ago, must be more then ten, I bought a tool which was
specifically designed to work with plastic elbows. Imagine an
end-cutting pliers whose jaws terminate in a ring shape the cutting
points the outer edge of the ring.
Then add to this a threaded screw in the handle to control how far the
jaws come together.
The idea was to get the ring portion to fetch round the old elbow, and
crush it.
The cutting edge could be calibrated so it would cut into the dead
plastic, and destroy it without affecting the pin. The screw prevents
the jaws from coming together completely.
I did a set of elbows with this tool, and found it a totally rewarding
experience.
Wish I had the name of the company, now, since all it says on the tool
is: "fuller" "made in Japan."
I remember an add somewhere, may have been in the PTJ, not sure, and
contacting the guy, name of Ken.
But, this is from memory.
I still have the tool, but I haven't met with any of these elbows here
in Britain.
I have some old databases around here, I'll have a look, and see if I
can find anything.
Hopefully someone else's memory will get jogged.
Regards

--
Henry Brugsch
Editor Piano Technician's Quarterly