Unclutter Your E-Mail

Deerpt@aol.com Deerpt@aol.com
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 11:39:34 -0500 (EST)

During my short tenure on this list I have seen several comments regarding
the clutter that the list produces.  I have also seen questions on how you
could limit the amount of information you receive.  I felt mucht the same way
when I initially subscribed then I came up with a solution which solved the
problem for my wife and I.  I am not sure if it will work for you but here
goes.

AOL allows you to have more than one sign on name at no additional charge ( I
suspect that this is true of most other services since it is a cometitive
industry) As a result of this we have established a seperate name for my wife
who is the RPT in the family and a seperate one for me.  Infact we have
seperate names for each of our locations (you can have up to 5 with no
additional charge).  We then unsubscribed to various list under my name and
resubscribed under her name.  Now she gets the mail that relates to her
business and she can view it at her lesure.  You may want to consider this
seperate the technical list from the political list.

The produre to do this with AOL is to go to keyword name then create a name .
 The next time you sign on the new name will apear in you list of names.
 Select the name you want to sign on under and you are on your way.

Hope this helps -

Delores Schaefer Epple's (Husband)

P. S. - An editorial Comment - I am amazed at the level of cooperation
exhibited by your organization. Keep up the good work