doping hammers

MHoffman11@aol.com MHoffman11@aol.com
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 20:49:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello Listees!

<< I have heard a fair bit about doping hammers, but have heard no
 consistent opinions as to how to go about it, what mixture of key/acetone
 to use, whether to soak the hammers and go like crazy, whether to be
 conservat >>

May I  be the one to say "where the heck do you people find the time to make
your own key acetone/VJ lube/pin dope", etc., etc.,!!???

I know it's fun to create your own tools, but isn't it easier to call
Pianotek and order a bottle of their hammer hardener?  It's good stuff; you
juice the hammer (SOAK IT)  and you're done.  No trips to the pharmacy, no
vats of gurgling liquids in your shop, and no need to wonder what the recipe
was six years from now!

Just a grumble from someone looking for a easy way, I guess.

Stay Tuned!

Mike Hoffman, RPT
Marquette, MI