Chickering Stringscale

Fri, 07 Mar 1997 11:24:02 -0700

Charles,

That is what I feared.

No promises, but I'll look around and see if I still have some old ones.
I'm not liable to need them as the last client I had who owned one of these
things died, and so did the piano.

Things like this would have to be some kind of real labor of love for a
retired machinist.

Sometimes, I feel a little "cracked below the groove" myself...

Best.

Horace

>Horace,
>
>Fortunately the hammer flanges on the Chickering 122 were salvagable. I
>found a few loose drop screws which I took care of with a spot of glue on
>the threads.
>
>The wippen flanges are another story.  Many of them were cracked just
>below the groove for the center pin. I've replaced 35 so far. The
>replacements came from APSCO. They are poorly made but they work.
>
>Charles Faulk RPT
>Manhattan, KS

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"Always forgive your enemies,